Maleic anhydride, also known as anhydrous malic anhydride, maleic anhydride, and maleic anhydride, is an acid anhydride of maleic acid. It is a white crystal with a strong pungent odor at room temperature. The chemical formula is C4H2O3.
The maleic anhydride applications are wide, including many industries. The plastics industry is used to make plasticizers. The paper industry is used to manufacture paper treating agents. The synthetic resin industry is used to manufacture unsaturated polyester resins, alkyd resins, etc. The coatings industry is used to manufacture insulating paints, white enamels, baking varnishes, varnishes, etc. The pesticide industry is used to manufacture pesticide marathon and high-efficiency and low-toxic pesticides. The pharmaceutical industry is used in the manufacture of long-acting sulfonamides. The oil industry is used as a preservative for fats and oils. The organic industry is used in the manufacture of fumaric acid and tetrahydrofuran. Used as a chemical reagent in analytical chemistry.
(1) Health hazards: The dust and vapor of this product are irritating. Inhalation can cause pharyngitis, laryngitis and bronchitis. May be accompanied by abdominal pain. Direct contact with eyes and skin has obvious irritating effect and can cause burns. Chronic effects: Chronic conjunctivitis, ulceration and inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Allergenic, can cause rashes and asthma.
(2) Explosion hazard: This product is flammable, toxic, corrosive, irritating, can cause burns to the human body, and has sensitization.
(1) Skin contact: Immediately remove contaminated clothing and rinse with plenty of running water for at least 15 minutes. seek medical attention.
(2) Eye contact: Immediately lift the eyelids and rinse thoroughly with plenty of running water or normal saline for at least 15 minutes. seek medical attention.
(3) Inhalation: quickly leave the scene to fresh air. Keep the airway open. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If breathing stops, give artificial respiration immediately. seek medical attention.
(4) Ingestion: Gargle with water and drink milk or egg white. seek medical attention.
(1) Operation precautions
Closed operation, local exhaust. Operators must undergo special training and strictly abide by operating procedures. It is recommended that operators wear self-priming filter dust masks, chemical safety goggles, rubber acid and alkali resistant clothing, and rubber acid and alkali resistant gloves. Keep away from fire and heat sources, and smoking is strictly prohibited in the workplace. Use explosion-proof ventilation systems and equipment. Avoid generating dust. The organic compound maleic anhydride avoids contact with oxidizing agents, reducing agents and acids. When handling, it should be lightly loaded and unloaded to prevent damage to packaging and containers. Equipped with the corresponding variety and quantity of fire fighting equipment and leakage emergency treatment equipment. Empty containers may be harmful residues.
(2) Storage precautions
Maleic anhydride is stored in a cool, dry and well-ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat sources. Keep container tightly closed. It should be stored separately from oxidizing agents, reducing agents and acid chemicals, and should not be mixed. Equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire equipment. Storage areas should be provided with suitable materials to contain spills. The shelf life is 3 months from the date of manufacture.
Contact Us for More Information about Douwin Chemicals
Get in Touch
Email us with any questions or inquiries or use our contact data. We would be happy to answer your questions.