Methyl acrylate is an organic compound, its molecular formula is C4H6O2. It is a transparent liquid with pungent smell. It slightly soluble in water, easily soluble in ethanol, ether, acetone and benzene. Sorted for the list of carcinogens published by the IARC of WTO on October 27, 2017 as reference, methyl acrylate was included in the list of class 3 carcinogens.
1. Methyl acrylate does not polymerize when the temperature is lower than 10 ℃, but it is easy to polymerize when the temperature is higher than 10 ℃. Light, heat, peroxide, etc. will accelerate polymerization. Hydroquinone or 4-methoxyphenol is usually added as polymerization inhibitor.
2. Methyl acrylate has moderate toxicity, strong irritation and corrosion to eyes, skin and mucosa, and can be absorbed through the skin to cause poisoning. The oral LD50 of rats is 300mg/kg. Rabbits were given oral lD50280mg/kg. The symptoms of chronic poisoning are headache, drowsiness, hand and foot spasm, etc. The maximum allowable concentration in the workplace is 35mg/m3. Ventilation shall be strengthened in the operation site. Operators shall wear rubber gloves, masks, protective clothing and other protective equipment. In case of poisoning, move to a well-ventilated place to rest, and take glucose, vitamin B, C, etc.
1. It can be used as second monomer for polyacrylonitrile fiber adhesive, acrylic fiber raw materials, coatings, plastics and resins. Methylacrylate is monomer of organic synthesis intermediates and polymers. They are used in formula acrylic acid manufacture or acrylate solvent-based adhesives and emulsion adhesives. It is the second monomer of polyacrylonitrile fiber (acrylic fiber) and a polymer prepared by copolymerization with styrene, methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate. It is widely used as adhesives, coatings, leather and paper processing additives.
2. Methyl acrylate is an important monomer and raw material for organic synthesis. Is the second monomer of polyacrylonitrile fiber (acrylic fiber); It can be used as plastics and adhesives; The emulsion copolymerized with butyl acrylate can improve the quality of leather and make leather soft, bright and wear-resistant. It is widely used in leather industry and pharmaceutical industry.
3. Used as monomer for synthetic polymer, second monomer for polyacrylonitrile fiber, adhesive, etc. As an intermediate in organic chemical compounds, it is also a monomer for the synthesis of high molecular polymers. It is used in rubber, medicine, leather, papermaking, adhesives and so on.
4. Methyl acrylate is a monomer of synthetic polymer, which is mainly used as the second monomer of acrylic fiber. It is widely used in coatings, adhesives and other industries with copolymers of styrene and vinyl acetate.
Contact Us for More Information about Douwin Chemicals
Get in Touch
Email us with any questions or inquiries or use our contact data. We would be happy to answer your questions.